Únete a nuestro Discord

Este foro se mantiene únicamente como archivo de la comunidad. Ahora toda la atención y soporte se da en nuestro servidor de Discord, así que únete a nuestro Discord para participar de la Comunidad HeroGamers

Suggestions List

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alan, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Alan

Alan New Member

Suggestions (Updated February 11, 2015)

- Integrated FPS Limit
    Self explanatory, rather than using a third party program, let's have a FPS limit function in-game for modern day computers that exceed the recommended requirements necessary to play GunZ.

- Integrated Archetype Settings
    Self explanatory, some newer players are not used to editing their config.xml document.

- Clan Creation Member Requirement (2 Players)
    2v2 is the minimum requirement in order to clanwar, so why not make it the required amount of users to make a clan?

- Improved Anti-Lead
    The current anti-lead feels a bit outdated and unresponsive at times.

- Remove Custom Items from Mouse Scroll
    Some players use scroll wheel to play and do not want to accidentally select their medical/repair/grenades when using the scroll wheel to supplement their gameplay style.

- Website: Allow Logged In Users To View Clan Member Lists of Other Clans
    Mainly for vanity and scouting purposes, it's nice being able to see old friends in existing clans from years back.

- Enable Avatar Items
    Self explanatory, with your own emulated client I'm sure there won't be any compatibility issues.

- Flashing Clanwar Notification (When Tabbed Out)
    GunZ icon on taskbar flashes when you enter a clanwar so that players who are waiting long queues may tab out and browse the web when waiting for a game.

- Clanwar Map Votes
    Give a random selection of 3-4 clanwar maps and allow players from both clans to vote on their desired map.

- Damage Counter (Overall Total / Round Damage)
    Damage recount that reflects overall given damage throughout an entire clanwar + damage given per round.

- Improve Interface of Clanwar Scoreboard
    The interface of Clanwars looks way worse than the ones in casual rooms for DM/TDM. I'm sure the clanwar UI could use an overhaul.

- Balance/Nerf Revolvers
    Consider balancing revolvers, up for debate as there are players on both sides of the argument.

- Improve Swording (Remove Anti-Lead?)
    Up for debate, there are players on both sides of the argument.

- Team HP/AP Display
    Display your Teammates HP/AP in a small HUD somewhere on your screen. Consider enabling it only for Clanwar matches since the max queue is 4v4 so that the HP/AP bars can remain unobtrusive.

- Balance Bounty/Premium Equipment Stats
    Balance all stats on bounty/premium items to have the same stats, that way players can wear any equipment set they want. Donation equipment can obviously have a slight advantage, but keep it reasonable.

Display on a small section of the clan page perhaps next to the clan rankings (member/administrator) how many total clanwar points each individual member has contributed to a clan. Consider a separate list/tab for clan members to view their ranking among their fellow clan mates.

- Addition of North American Game Moderators
    Necessary to maintain your server throughout all hours/languages as there is both a respected Spanish and English speaking population within HeroGamers. However, most North American staff members for various private servers are known for being reckless and impulsive in their decision making. Make sure you properly vet potential applicants before recruiting them to the staff team, make your decision wisely.

- Basic Custom Crosshair Selection
    This is for some players who are either too lazy to find a custom crosshair on their own or want to experiment with a new one temporarily. Consider placing some popular custom crosshairs as default selection choices much like Type 1-5. I recommend at least an additional 5 popular custom crosshairs (Type 6-11), a user poll for desired crosshairs would most likely help in determining the ideal custom crosshair selection.

- In Game Report Function
    A command in game allowing users in any game-type to use a /report command to report any suspicious user. If a staff member is online, they will be asked to observe the reported user(s) and take necessary action. It would be wise to create a delay between reports/have a priority queue system as staff members cannot be online at all times + may be flooded with report requests when online depending on how strong your hack protection is.

- Clan Rank Hierarchy
    Ability to assign custom ranks (1-4 would be ideal limit) and assign different permissions to them such as:

+ Leader (Master Account)
    + Admiral (Can Promote/Demote Users/Recruitment Allowed/Clan War Request Allowed/Emblem Change Allowed/Dismiss Players Below Rank)
    + Commander (Recruitment Allowed/Clan War Request Allowed/Dismiss Players Below Rank)
    + Lieutenant (Clan War Request Allowed/Dismiss Players Below Rank)
    + Soldier (Clan War Request Allowed)
    + Recruit (Trial Member/Has No Privileges)

Doesn't have to be that complex, but it would be something nice to consider for the HG 2015 client so that veteran clans can reward their loyal members with special privileges/custom titles.

- 3D Shotgun Sounds
    Some players find that the default shotgun sound is too loud and prefer the softer 3D sound allowing them to turn up their game sound volume without having their ears bleed every time they shoot.

- Clanwar Rejoin Function
    Allow players to use a /rejoin function from their clan lobby to rejoin a clanwar in progress in case of a sudden disconnection or other errors (NAT). If possible, do NOT allow players to switch equipment while rejoining in lobby.

- Clanwar Monthly Rewards
    Allow clans that place in the Top 4 rankings to qualify for donation coins to reward their efforts made throughout the month. This will keep one key aspect of the game active and give an incentive for users to return to your server on a daily basis.

- Merging Quest + Clanwar Server
    With the amount of existing private servers and population disparity among each of them, it's quite clear the GunZ community is separated enough as it is. To form a larger, more cohesive community for HeroGamers and to give an accurate representation as to how active your server actually is, it would be ideal to merge both servers so that friends don't have to be separated based off of their interests in the game.

- HP/AP Numerical Display
    Allow a numerical overlay on player HP/AP bars, this is simply a gameplay preference for most players so it would be ideal to have this as an option.

Bugs (Updated January 31, 2015)

- Middle Mouse Key Bug
    Self discovered bug when using Teamspeak 3 VoIP client. I use my middle mouse button as my PTT key and it is randomly activated whenever I have the HeroGamers client open. It's a hassle switching my PTT key every time I want to play GunZ. Bug has been confirmed by a few other users as well.

Feel free to contribute some more, this thread is just made for archival purposes. Mainly looking for suggestions that are necessary to ensure gameplay on HeroGamers is the best it can be. Suggestions are listed in no particular order.

#1 Alan, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Murasakibara

Murasakibara New Member

I would like someone to explain how swording works right now before removing it completely.

3. Truth

Truth New Member

To add some suggestions onto this thread :

- Clanwar Points
    On the website, have the amount of clanwar points each member has acquired, such as, if I do X amount of clanwars, the website will have the Y number of points I created from those clanwars.

-
    Addition of North American Game Mods
    I believe this one is quite crucial, the population "coincides" along with the game moderators, such as one game mod per x amount of players, however I've noticed the past there were primarily Spanish / Brazilian-Portuguese moderators, making it more difficult for a member whom doesn't comprehend their language. (if so, pick wisely)

-
    Multiple Custom Crosshairs
    This would be the ability to have a crosshair and a crosshair_pick, and would be named ingame as "Custom 1" along with another crosshair1 and crosshair_pick1 in the same folder, known ingame as "Custom 2", up to how ever many is felt desired by the staff, I recommend around atleast 5.

- In game Report-ability
    A tool in game allowing users in clanwars to use a .report command of such, which requests the presence of a gm to spectate the user suspected.

- Update on sets
    self explanatory

-
    Perhaps ranking amongst a clan
    Ability to create a Co-Leader, allowing this user to be able to kick/create administrators, plus the ability of entire power acquire by the administrator themselves.
    ex.
    -Leader
    -Co-Leader
    -Administrator

-Option to have 3D shotgun sounds
    essentially, in the options, under audio, allow a user to be able to choose weather to have normal sound, or be able to select 3d sounds as seen in other servers

will update if I find more

#3 Truth, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Alan

Alan New Member

List updated, thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Hopefully this will get seen by Lambda/Emisand & Co.

I will consider listing the suggestions in a priority order once I have the time to do so.

#4 Alan, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  5. UncommonRose

UncommonRose New Member

Well they pretty much got it all down pact :)
    Hopefully this can all come soon!

6. Ugarte

Ugarte New Member

I like your suggestion I hope will be taken by a staff nosotro Since we can not do anything.

7. Truth

Truth New Member

Add:
    sword trail
    Bullet disapear (shoot and the shots disapear after 'x' time)
    Teams hp/ap numerical

8. Truth

Truth New Member

aaaaaaa

9. Jetman

Jetman New Member

Swording works the same way gun antilead works. If the shot is registered then damage is dealt. However, with swords this causes issues since it's nearly impossible to block a players slash above 40ping. Your block has to already be up and held on that players screen, otherwise damage is done. Watch my video in the suggestions to see how badly this affects gameplay.